Wednesday 5 January 2011

Shot changes made during the process of filming

Once starting to film, I decided to change some of the shots I originally planned to use as I felt they were more associated in a horror teaser trailer. One of which I changed was a point of view shot of the villian chasing after Emily, a caught victim down a street. When filming, this didnt seem right as I felt it would be more horrifying for the victim to not escape so far but instead, with a struggle pulling themself away as oppose to running easily down the street even through severe cases of torture. This would create a more sympathetic connection with viewers as we empathise with their difficulty getting away. Not only this, but this change in shot is more of a tease to viewers as more questions are raised as to why the character is moving herself along the concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment