Tuesday 15 February 2011

Halloween release date

On looking at high revenue films and when in year they were released to their target audience, I assessed my own product and at which time its distribution should take place. Placed in the horror genre, I felt that Halloween, the 31st October was a time of year in which people seek to watch a horror movie therefore resulting in a wider span of audience wanting to view my product. An example of a movie having a sub-genre of horror is Saw 3D released in 2010 which in its open week-end alone in the USA made a total of $24,230,123 and shown in 2808 screens. Although an internationally popular film, I feel that the success of my independent horror 'Fearane' would be largely great as the time of year draws in my target audience as oppose to the film having been released during the summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment